Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Down Slope

The roller coaster ride continues. After 2 good days we knew today would be bad. And unfortunately we were right. He had a CT scan today and he now has a bilateral grade 4 brain bleed, which means he has severe bleeding in both side of the brain. The hospital staff will discuss tomorrow his options and how they want to proceed and will talk to us at around 1400 (2pm).

Karen is taking this very very badly, I had her leave the room and call some of her friends to comfort her....I felt incapable of giving her the support she needed at the time. We are not giving up, no matter how tough it gets.

Please continue to pray for little Abraham. The concern now is that he may have no interaction with the world.

We appreciate the prayers and all the things people have done for us. No matter how small you think it is, we appreciate it. We are just so overwhelm right now. This little exercise in typing helps me cope.

2 comments:

  1. I want to let you both know that you have been in my thoughts since the day little Abraham entered the world and I am so glad that you found a way to keep all of us with deep concern updated on things. I'm sure all of this must be so hard and overwhelming. Just know that my heart and prayers are with you guys and if there is anything you need, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woops, that comment was from Annette, not sure why it came up under Jakes e-mail.

    ReplyDelete