Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Discharge Plan

Wow it's becoming more of a reality now. He is tolerating his continuous tube feeds however has a little reflux and is growing. He is up to 8 pounds 4 ounces.What is keeping him in the hospital is the episodes of apnea (absence of breathing, low oxygen saturations on the monitor). He was put on oxygen today 0.1 and he has high oxygen levels. The attending physician spoke with me for a long time and said that he actually would be getting 25% oxygen although the concentration on the oxygen supply is 100%. I questioned him if he took time to research this. He assured me that he consulted with the pulmonary and eye doctor and they all felt this was a safe plan. I have a difficult time trusting people however if this is what he told me then I have to believe it be the truth. If he has episodes apnea that he self recovers from and has less of them then he will be discharged home. I am meeting with the care the coordinator tomorrow to figure out the discharge plan. I will need the breast pump longer than June however I am not sure if Tricare will cover this. It seems like it would be less expensive than specialized formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment