Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cats

We took the cats to the Kitsap Humane Society and they refused to take them. Apparently they really do REQUIRE an appointment if you are taking them in. This has caused a ton of stress on our family that I honestly can't say that by Christmas we still even be a family. We fought non stop all day. I had my surgery last week and it has not been very fun. I had tons of vomiting post op and now due to all the stress and not resting I have post op bleeding. I have talked to my doctor on the phone but have not been seen yet. I have not really explained to him just how much bleeding there is. I don't want to burden Glenn any more than I already have. If I had known how much of an inconvenience I was I would have never had the surgery. Glenn has had to do my job plus his and care for me too. This surgery has knocked me down more than the gallbladder surgery this past January. My mother is here but she is not familiar with my stove, oven, washer/dryer, where to put stuff ect. She has helped put away clothes with my assistance and feed Abraham or cuddle with him. The sample they took straight from my bladder showed no signs of infection therefore the pocket they removed was the source of the infection. It was sent off to be checked for cancer. I should know the results and get this urinary catheter out next week then I won't be a burden to anyone because I should be able to fully care for Abe. The MOPS ladies have been wonderful, they have brought us dinner which has been a huge blessing. I just ask that Glenn and I have prayer or our marriage won't make it to December. On a more positive note Abraham is doing beautifully in the new house. He is more mobile and able to communicate some of his needs. It also appears his vision has improved. However if there is stress in the home or ends up with parents that are no longer together this progress probably won' t be a strong. Glenn and Abe are on their way to take the cats to a shelter that will take them for a fee on our part. Then Abe has an MRI and neurosurgery. I just pray his VP shunt is working properly because I don't think our family could handle it if he needed a revision. Oh VP shunt revisions are very, very common and almost unheard of not to need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment